8.04.2011

Mesut Ozil


Mesut Ozil first came to my attention in the 2010 World Cup. He is one of the best footballers I have ever seen. In designing this image I wanted to convey the lightness in his movements. The finished piece also showcases his slight physique which is an important aspect of why he can melt seamlessly by opposition players. His technique and vision are something he attributes to his Turkish ancestry and his never say die attitude arose from his German upbringing. The 'O' of his last name is made up of the icons that appear on the turkish flag. I did this as I wanted to subtly bring this important element into the piece. Comments appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. He is more mature player now, and could the crucial player for Real Madrid and Germany title challenging campaigns. Mario Götze is also another key player for Germany national team.

    ReplyDelete