1.07.2012

Lost in the Game


This series of illustrations is based on small doodles I do in my sketchbook. They started off as innocent vignettes of feelings you get when playing in a match or training. Some illustrate qualms I have with the way the game is sometimes played, for instance the diving one. I tried to keep the old fashioned ball as a recurring theme throughout. 

An example of a sketch...
I also wanted to depict certain matches or instances that stuck with me like Gareth Bale taking on Maicon in Whitehart Lane or Stevie G scoring against Olympiakos. I'll continue to add to the series as the works themselves don't take a long time to complete and I still have many more waiting in reserve. 

As usual I really appreciate all the comments here and on twitter. RT's are great for getting the work to a wider audience so to anyone that takes the time, thank you very much. I hope you enjoy the illustrations.

And if you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to stick them in a comment or tweet and let me know!

Head in the clouds...


Megs!
Keep your eye on the ball.
I hate diving.
Taxi for Maicon...
Cold, wet night at the Britannia...
3-2
Last ditch Carra
I live on Planet Football.
Teamwork!


Orange Card?
Don't want to wake up tomorrow in the UEFA Cup...
One club man.


I HEART FUTBOL


Give Racism the two footed tackle.


The boy Rooney

Muller Lite



Maradona 7


Where Ennio Morricone and football intersect...

...Hand of God...



Moneyball



Tokyo Sexwhale


Actual Moneyball



Pepe Reina. He's a keeper.



Pepe, no one wants your shirt.


He's big, he's green. He's also red.



'It's all about rondos' - Xavi



Great first touch



10 yards please.


CR7


Suppose it was an okay goal.



Cristiano


Clasico


That's a good question...


:)


Diving in Football makes me sad


Magician


FIFA


Respect the Ref


Lost in the Game


Nod to Saul Bass

Floodlights

Samba



16 comments:

  1. Thanks Jason, I'm enjoying doing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are bloody fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Miguel Delaney that these deserve to go on tshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wet night at Stoke is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me a little while to decipher what the 3-2 was, but I think it's genius. My favourite on here by a long way. Keep it up Dan.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. Fantastic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you considered making any of these into pinbadges?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant them, agree with the tshirt idea. Maicon/Bale prob my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them; not just well-made, but really smart as well. I'm not sure mister 14 sported the famous ginger stubble back then though. Still brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are brilliant, sticking a few on our tumblr site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lost it at Tokyo Sexwhale

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only I could 'borrow' one for my twitter profile........

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice that you can find time to create beautiful things like these. This is really awesome.


    Vaginal Mesh Articles

    ReplyDelete